Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> So, I finally got around to look at this, and I think there is a
> simpler solution.  When an overflow occurs while calculating the next
> value, that just means that the value we're about to return is the
> last one that should be generated.  So we just need to frob the
> context state so that the next call will decide we're done.  There are
> any of number of ways to do that; I just picked what looked like the
> easiest one.

+1 for this solution.

BTW, there was some mention of changing the timestamp versions of
generate_series as well, but right offhand I'm not convinced that
those need any change.  I think you'll get overflow detection there
automatically from the functions being used --- and if not, it's a
bug in those functions, not in generate_series.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries