Re: mac os x compile failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: mac os x compile failure
Дата
Re: mac os x compile failure  (Neil Brandt <far_neil@yahoo.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
Neil Brandt <far_neil@yahoo.ca> writes:
> fd.c: In function `pg_fsync_writethrough':
> fd.c:271: `F_FULLFSYNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fd.c:271: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> fd.c:271: for each function it appears in.)

Hmm.  This is our bug: the code mistakenly supposes that every version
of OS X has that symbol, whereas evidently it was introduced in 10.3.

I'll try to see that this gets fixed for PG 8.1.3, but in the short run
you might be best off to update your OS X installation, or revert to
PG 8.0.* which doesn't try to use FULLFSYNC at all.

If you'd really like to stay on OS X 10.2, please consider joining the
buildfarm
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/index.html
so that any other such problems will be caught promptly.  We have
buildfarm members running 10.3 and 10.4, but nobody covering 10.2.