mac os x compile failure

От Neil Brandt
Тема mac os x compile failure
Дата
Re: mac os x compile failure  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to compile postgres 8.1.2 on OS X 10.2.8.  Unfortunately I'm not much of a
compile-your-own guy, and I've hit a compile error that's beyond my improvisation abilities, and
gets no google hits either.

I realize this also an OS X expert thing: I'm also seeking help on one of the apple.com lists as
well.

I installed the December 2002 xcode package of developer stuff from apple, which seemed to be the
last one that was for OS X 10.2.

Initially I only installed the parts called BSDSDK and Developer Tools Software.

The postgres configure utility ran through fine.

I ran make.

Several minutes into it, I got a missing header file for osx installed version constants.

So I then installed the xcode part called Mac OS X SDK.

I ran make again.

Now, further in, I get the following output and error (note the "make -C file SUBSYS.o" is output,
not my initial command which was just "make" in the directory at the top of the postgres source).

make -C file SUBSYS.o
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Winline -fno-strict-aliasing
-I../../../../src/include -I/sw/include  -c -o fd.o fd.c
fd.c: In function `pg_fsync_writethrough':
fd.c:271: `F_FULLFSYNC' undeclared (first use in this function)
fd.c:271: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fd.c:271: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [fd.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [file-recursive] Error 2
make[2]: *** [storage-recursive] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Searching, I couldn't find anything useful on the F_FULLFSYNC constant, and no reports on a
similar failure.

Any ideas?  (Help!)

Thanks,

Neil