Re: numeric test on RiscPC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: numeric test on RiscPC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> I have just found to my surprise:
> ============== running regression test queries        ==============
> parallel group (13 tests):  char name int2 text float4 oid int4 varchar int8 float8 boolean bit numeric

>   PID USERNAME PRI NICE   SIZE   RES STATE      TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
> 27747 prlw1     72    4   596K  276K RUN      277.7H 98.10% 98.10% sh

> 277.7H being just over 11.5 days!

> Have any of you tried
>  PostgreSQL 7.2 on acorn32-unknown-netbsd1.5ZB, compiled by GCC egcs-1.1.2
> on an Acorn RiscPC with a SA-110? (This is the well known "halting problem" :) )

Looks like Acorn's shell has the same bug documented to exist in HPUX's
shell (see doc/FAQ_HPUX :-() ... it gets confused when it has to manage
more than about a dozen child processes.

On HPUX I can work around this by telling pg_regress to use ksh instead.
If you have any other shells besides plain sh, give them a try.

Сообщение: Re: Seq. scan when using comparison operators, why? [netaktiv.com #150]
Сообщение: Re: Seq. scan when using comparison operators, why? [netaktiv.com #150]