Re: numeric test on RiscPC

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: numeric test on RiscPC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:18:23AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > Have any of you tried
> >  PostgreSQL 7.2 on acorn32-unknown-netbsd1.5ZB, compiled by GCC egcs-1.1.2
> > on an Acorn RiscPC with a SA-110? (This is the well known "halting problem" :) )
>
> Looks like Acorn's shell has the same bug documented to exist in HPUX's
> shell (see doc/FAQ_HPUX :-() ... it gets confused when it has to manage
> more than about a dozen child processes.
>
> On HPUX I can work around this by telling pg_regress to use ksh instead.
> If you have any other shells besides plain sh, give them a try.

Thanks for the tip! Even have the timezone errors mentioned in there. Now
it gets as far as create_function_2. Hunting will be interesting: the only
architecture dependent thing I can see in sh is:

.if (${MACHINE_ARCH} == "powerpc") || \
    (${MACHINE_CPU} == "arm")
TARGET_CHARFLAG= -DTARGET_CHAR="u_int8_t"
.else
TARGET_CHARFLAG= -DTARGET_CHAR="int8_t"
.endif

in the makefile.. (acorn32==arm) What is the HPUX fix?

Cheers,

Patrick