Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg17 issues with not-null contraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Apr-16, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> Yes, this fixes the issue I reported.

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

> BTW, that seems to be the same issue Andrew reported in January.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJnzarwkfRu76_yi3dqVF_WL-MpvT54zMwAxFwJceXdHB76bOA%40mail.gmail.com

That's really good news -- I was worried it would require much more
invasive changes.  I tested his case and noticed two additional issues,
first that we fail to acquire locks down the hierarchy, so recursing
down like ATPrepAddPrimaryKey does fails to pin down the children
properly; and second, that the constraint left behind by restoring the
dump preserves the "throaway" name.  I made pg_dump use a different name
when the table has a parent, just in case we end up not dropping the
constraint.

I'm going to push this early tomorrow.  CI run:
https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5754149453692928

Вложения