Re: Solaris tar issues, or other reason why margay fails 010_pg_basebackup?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Solaris tar issues, or other reason why margay fails 010_pg_basebackup?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 1:40 AM Marcel Hofstetter
<hofstetter@jomasoft.ch> wrote:
> Using gnu tar helps to make pg_basebackup work.

Thanks!  I guess that'll remain a mystery.

> It fails now at a later step.

Oh, this rings a bell:

[14:54:58] t/010_tab_completion.pl ..
Dubious, test returned 29 (wstat 7424, 0x1d00)

We had another thread[1] where we figured out that Solaris's termios
defaults include TABDLY=TAB3, meaning "expand tabs to spaces on
output", and that was upsetting our tab-completion test.  Other Unixes
used to vary on this point too, but they all converged on not doing
that, except Solaris, apparently.  Perhaps IPC::Run could fix that by
calling ->set_raw() on the pseudo-terminal, but I'm not very sure
about that.

This test suite is passing on pollock because it doesn't have IO::Pty
installed.  Could you try uninstalling that perl package for now, so
we can see what breaks next?

[06:34:40] t/010_tab_completion.pl .. skipped: IO::Pty is needed to
run this test

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/MEYP282MB1669E2E11495A2DEAECE8736B6A7A%40MEYP282MB1669.AUSP282.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM