Re: Presentation tools used ?

От Steve Litt
Тема Re: Presentation tools used ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Stark said on Mon, 23 Oct 2023 04:05:28 -0400

>The main disadvantage of Slides is that as a WYSIWYG style editor
>you're designing each slide individually. If you later decide you want
>to use a smaller font or slide the main body up a bit or whatever you
>have to go back through all your slides making that change. It also
>doesn't do things like code highlighting and can't really handle
>anything but the simplest diagrams. So you'll end up with a lot of
>inlined images and then if you want to tweak anything in them you have
>to regenerate the images and replace them one by one.

If the preceding is acceptable, then I withdraw my comment about
LibreOffice being terrible. If you're willing to go without styles [1],
LibreOffice is easy as pie.

And since this isn't a pure Linux/BSD mailing list, let me add that MS
Powerpoint is not only easy as pie, but last time I used it (10 years
ago) it respected and preserved styles.

[1] LibreOffice has styles, but it frequently and arbitrarily loses
    style definitions.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21