Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2023-05-08 17:46:37 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> My current gut feeling is that we should use datconnlimit == -2 to prevent
> connections after reaching DropDatabaseBuffers() in dropdb(), and use a new
> column in 16, for both createdb() and dropdb().

Attached is a rough prototype of that idea (only using datconnlimit == -2 for
now).

This would need a fair bit more polish. The tests are crappy and output stuff
to stderr and don't validate enough. The error messages are bad. No docs
changes. More comments about why datconnlimit == -2 is used. Etc.

But I think it should be sufficient to discuss whether this is a viable path.

I guess we need to move this to -hackers. Perhaps I'll post subsequent
versions below
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230314174521.74jl6ffqsee5mtug%40awork3.anarazel.de ?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice
Сообщение: Re: "PANIC: could not open critical system index 2662" - twice