Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Apr-11, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Getting a CI job able to do some validation for MSVC would be indeed
> nice.  What's the plan in the buildfarm with this coverage?  Would all
> the animals switch to meson (Chocolatey + StrawberryPerl, I assume)
> for the job or will there still be some coverage with MSVC for v16
> there?

If we keep MSVC support in 16, then I agree we should have a CI task for
it -- and IMO we should make ti automatically triggers whenever any
Makefile or meson.build is modified.  Hopefully we won't touch them
much now that the branch is feature-frozen, but it could still happen.

Do we have code for it already, even if incomplete?