Re: typos

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: typos
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 04:28:29PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 05:12:57PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>
>      # Use larger ccache cache, as this task compiles with multiple compilers /
>      # flag combinations
> -    CCACHE_MAXSIZE: "1GB"
> +    CCACHE_MAXSIZE: "1G"
>
> In 0006, I am not sure how much this matters.  Perhaps somebody more
> fluent with Cirrus, though, has a different opinion..

It's got almost nothing to do with cirrus.  It's an environment
variable, and we're using a suffix other than what's
supported/documented by ccache, which only happens to work.

> 0014 and 0013 do not reduce the translation workload, as the messages
> include some stuff specific to the GUC names accessed to, or some
> specific details about the code paths triggered.

It seems to matter because otherwise the translators sometimes re-type
the view name, which (not surprisingly) can get messed up, which is how
I mentioned having noticed this.

On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 05:41:58PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 01:03:01PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > One minor comment:
> > -    spoken in Belgium (BE), with a <acronym>UTF-8</acronym>
> > character set
> > +    spoken in Belgium (BE), with a <acronym>UTF</acronym>-8
> > character set
> >
> > Shouldn't this be <acronym>UTF8</acronym> as we are using in
> > func.sgml?
>
> Yeah, I was wondering as well why this change is not worse, which is
> why I left it out of 33ab0a2.  There is an acronym for UTF in
> acronym.sgml, which makes sense to me, but that's the only place where
> this is used.  To add more on top of that, the docs basically need
> only UTF8, and we have three references to UTF-16, none of them using
> the <acronym> markup.

I changed it for consistency, as it's the only thing that says <>UTF-8<>
anywhere, and charset.sgml already says <>UTF<>-8 elsewhere.

Alternately, I suggest to change charset to say <>UTF8<> in both places.

--
Justin