Re: Allowing REINDEX to have an optional name

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Allowing REINDEX to have an optional name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Yeh, repeated failures on MacOS Catalina with HEAD.
>
> Can you share the contents of src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/tmp_check?
> Since these failures are not visible in the buildfarm (where we do have
> 11.0 as well as some 10.X versions of macOS), this is surprising.

So I got the log files, and the error is clear:

: # Running: libpq_pipeline -r 700 -t
/Users/sriggs/pg/pg-git/postgresql/src/test/modules/libpq_pipeline/tmp_check/traces/pipeline_idle.tracepipeline_idle
port=57444host=/var/folders/rd/kxv86w7567z9jk5qt7lhxfwr0000gn/T/Od6QFSH7TB dbname='postgres'

:
: pipeline idle...
: NOTICE 1: message type 0x33 arrived from server while idle
:
: libpq_pipeline:1037: got 1 notice(s)
: [12:17:00.181](0.016s) not ok 9 - libpq_pipeline pipeline_idle

then the trace test also fails, but only because it is truncated at the
point where the notice is reported; up to that point, the trace matches
correctly.

Not sure what to make of this.  Maybe the fix in 054325c5eeb3 is not
right, but I don't understand why it doesn't fail in the macOS machines
in the buildfarm.

"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)