Re: \dp privileges "decoder" dropped in v12 of docs

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: \dp privileges "decoder" dropped in v12 of docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 09:24:21PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-grant.html
>
> Hello, I'm wondering why this version of the GRANT doc has the \dp privilege
> definitions - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/sql-grant.html - but it's
> no longer available in v13 of the docs, which i'm actually trying to use -
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-grant.html
>
> It seems that the section that has all of the definitions of the "privilege"
> letters was dropped in v12. Was that just an oversight? Where can I find
> that info nowadays?

It was moved in this commit:

    commit afc4a78a30
    Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
    Date:   Mon Dec 3 11:40:49 2018 -0500

        Refactor documentation about privileges to centralize the info.

        Expand section 5.6 "Privileges" to include the full definition of
        each privilege type, and an explanation of aclitem privilege displays,
        along with some helpful summary tables.  Most of this material came
        out of the GRANT reference page, although some of it is new.
        Adjust a bunch of links that were pointing to GRANT to point to 5.6.

        Fabien Coelho and Tom Lane, reviewed by Bradley DeJong

        Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/alpine.DEB.2.21.1807311735200.20743@lancre

to a more appropriate place in the documentation:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/ddl-priv.html