Re: Update documentation page for translators

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Update documentation page for translators
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 22 Oct 2021, at 13:12, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/nls-translator.html
>
> In the documentation for translators
> (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/nls-translator.html) it is mentioned to
> use any text editor for translating .po files. It can be very error prone
> with regular text editors, especiially for non-tech people such as
> translators.

I think this makes sense, having done some translation work myself I agree that
the PO editors out there can help quite a bit.  Now, I'm sure anyone interested
is perfectly capable of Googling, but since this chapter is there to help
potential or new contributors I think it's fine to lower the bar and be a bit
more verbose.

I don't feel like linking to any specific tool though, so I just added a small
sentence to indicate that options exist, and that we don't necessarily require
anyone to use a text editor.

CC:ing developers who have spent time with translations for input.

Вложения