Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-28, Amit Kapila wrote:

> But it is not allowed to create schema or table with the name
> CURRENT_SCHEMA, so not sure if we need to do anything special for it.

Oh?  You certainly can.

alvherre=# create schema "CURRENT_SCHEMA";
CREATE SCHEMA
alvherre=# \dn
        Listado de esquemas
     Nombre     |       Dueño
----------------+-------------------
 CURRENT_SCHEMA | alvherre
 public         | pg_database_owner
 temp           | alvherre
(3 filas)

alvherre=# create table "CURRENT_SCHEMA"."CURRENT_SCHEMA" ("bother amit for a while" int);
CREATE TABLE
alvherre=# \d "CURRENT_SCHEMA".*
                  Tabla «CURRENT_SCHEMA.CURRENT_SCHEMA»
         Columna         |  Tipo   | Ordenamiento | Nulable | Por omisión
-------------------------+---------+--------------+---------+-------------
 bother amit for a while | integer |              |         |

> Now, during post-processing, the PUBLICATIONOBJ_CONTINUATION will be
> distinguished as CURRENT_SCHEMA because both rangeVar and name will be
> NULL. Do you have other ideas to deal with it?

That sounds plausible.  There's no need for a name-free object of any other
kind AFAICS, so there should be no conflict.  If we ever do find a
conflict, we can add another struct member to disambiguate.

Thanks

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Doing what he did amounts to sticking his fingers under the hood of the