Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 6:49 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-Sep-28, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > But it is not allowed to create schema or table with the name
> > CURRENT_SCHEMA, so not sure if we need to do anything special for it.
>
> Oh?  You certainly can.
>
> alvherre=# create schema "CURRENT_SCHEMA";
> CREATE SCHEMA
> alvherre=# \dn
>         Listado de esquemas
>      Nombre     |       Dueño
> ----------------+-------------------
>  CURRENT_SCHEMA | alvherre
>  public         | pg_database_owner
>  temp           | alvherre
> (3 filas)
>
> alvherre=# create table "CURRENT_SCHEMA"."CURRENT_SCHEMA" ("bother amit for a while" int);
> CREATE TABLE
> alvherre=# \d "CURRENT_SCHEMA".*
>                   Tabla «CURRENT_SCHEMA.CURRENT_SCHEMA»
>          Columna         |  Tipo   | Ordenamiento | Nulable | Por omisión
> -------------------------+---------+--------------+---------+-------------
>  bother amit for a while | integer |              |         |

oops, I was trying without quotes.

> > Now, during post-processing, the PUBLICATIONOBJ_CONTINUATION will be
> > distinguished as CURRENT_SCHEMA because both rangeVar and name will be
> > NULL. Do you have other ideas to deal with it?
>
> That sounds plausible.  There's no need for a name-free object of any other
> kind AFAICS, so there should be no conflict.  If we ever do find a
> conflict, we can add another struct member to disambiguate.

Okay, thanks. I feel now we are in agreement on the grammar rules.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: rand48 replacement
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress