Re: Centralizing protective copying of utility statements

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Centralizing protective copying of utility statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-06-17 16:50:57 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2021-06-17 15:53:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Uh, nobody ever promised that server-internal APIs are frozen as of beta1;
> >> that would be a horrid crimp on our ability to fix bugs during beta.
>
> > Sure, there's no promise. But I still think it's worth taking the amount
> > of breakage more into account than pre beta?
>
> Are there really so many people using the ProcessUtility hook?
> In a quick look on codesearch.debian.net, I found
>
> hypopg
> pgaudit
> pgextwlist
> pglogical

The do seem to be quite a few more outside of Debian. E.g.
https://github.com/search?p=2&q=ProcessUtility_hook&type=Code
shows quite a few.

Unfortunately github is annoying to search through - it doesn't seem to
have any logic to prevent duplicates across repositories :(. Which means
there's dozens of copies of postgres code included...

> which admittedly is more than none, but it's not a huge number
> either.  I have to think that fixing this bug reliably is a
> more important consideration.

Sure!

Greetings,

Andres Freund