Re: Centralizing protective copying of utility statements

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Centralizing protective copying of utility statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 02:08:34PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Unfortunately github is annoying to search through - it doesn't seem to
> have any logic to prevent duplicates across repositories :(. Which means
> there's dozens of copies of postgres code included...

I agree with the position of doing something now while in beta.  I
have not looked at the tree, but I am rather sure that we had changes
in the hooks while in beta phase in the past.

>> which admittedly is more than none, but it's not a huge number
>> either.  I have to think that fixing this bug reliably is a
>> more important consideration.
>
> Sure!

The DECLARE CURSOR case in ExplainOneUtility() does a copy of a Query.
Perhaps a comment should be added to explain why a copy is still
required?
--
Michael

Вложения