Re: convert elog(LOG) calls to ereport

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: convert elog(LOG) calls to ereport
Дата
Re: convert elog(LOG) calls to ereport  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Dec-02, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> There are a number of elog(LOG) calls that appear to be user-facing, so they
> should be ereport()s.  This patch changes them.  There are more elog(LOG)
> calls remaining, but they all appear to be some kind of debugging support.
> Also, I changed a few elog(FATAL)s that were nearby, but I didn't
> specifically look for them.

> -        elog(LOG, "WSAIoctl(SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS) failed: %ui",
> -             WSAGetLastError());
> +        ereport(LOG,
> +                (errmsg("WSAIoctl(SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS) failed: %ui",
> +                        WSAGetLastError())));

Please take the opportunity to move the flag name out of the message in
this one, also.  I do wonder if it'd be a good idea to move the syscall
name itself out of the message, too; that would reduce the number of
messages to translate 50x to just "%s(%s) failed: %m" instead of one
message per distinct syscall.

Should fd.c messages do errcode_for_file_access() like elsewhere?

Overall, it looks good to me.

Thanks