Re: Would it be helpful for share the patch merge result from cfbot

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Would it be helpful for share the patch merge result from cfbot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 09:31:57AM +0800, Andy Fan wrote:
> Currently when people want to review a patch, they have to download / apply
> / maintain the branch manually.  Would it be helpful that the reviewer can
> just git fetch a remote branch where all the things have been done already. I
> know that such cost saving is small, but it is a startup cost, so personally I
> think it is a good place to improve. Since we already maintain such remote git repo at
> cbfot, so can we just expose such URL for each item in commitfest then things
> would be done?
>
> At the bottom of cfbot, we have words "Please send feedback to thomas
> munro", so I added Tomas in the cc list.

It seems to me that this problem is not completely related to the CF
bot, no?  Automated testing and fetching from a mirror repository
that's automated to fetch patches from the mailing list and apply them
on some custom branches looks like something entirely independent to
me.  Saying that, having something like that may be nice to have,
assuming that we also find a way to track in this repo patches that
are not able to apply correctly, meaning that we could forcibly apply
the patches with the conflicts included in what's committed in the
test branch.  In terms of my own experience as CFM, I don't think that
this would be really helpful for the CF manager, but for reviewers or
newcomers, that could help in getting involved into the CF.
--
Michael

Вложения