Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Ahh, crud.  It's because
>     syswrite($fh, '\x77\x77\x77\x77', 500)
> is wrong twice.  The 500 was wrong, but the string there isn't the bit pattern we want -- it's just a string literal
withbackslashes and such.  It should have been double-quoted.

Argh.  So we really have, using same test except

    memcpy(&lp, "\\x77", sizeof(lp));

little endian:    off = 785c, flags = 2, len = 1b9b
big endian:    off = 2e3c, flags = 0, len = 3737

which explains the apparent LP_DEAD result.

I'm not particularly on board with your suggestion of "well, if it works
sometimes then it's okay".  Then we have no idea of what we really tested.

От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: Would it be helpful for share the patch merge result from cfbot
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Would it be helpful for share the patch merge result from cfbot