Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-08-16 16:17:23 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > It seems entirely likely that there's a timing component in this, for
> > instance autovacuum coming along at just the right time.
>
> D'oh.  The attached seems to make it 100% reproducible.

Great!  It interestingly didn't work as the first item on the schedule,
where I had duplicated it it to out of impatience. I guess there might
be some need of concurrent autovacuum activity or something like that.

I now luckily have a rr trace of the problem, so I hope I can narrow it
down to the original problem fairly quickly.

Thanks,

Andres

Сообщение: Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Сообщение: Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()