Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 10:25:00PM +0900, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
> Keyset-driven cursors always detect changes made by other applications
> (and themselves). currtid() is necessary to detect the changes.
> CTIDs are changed by updates unfortunately.

You mean currtid2() here and not currtid(), right?  We have two
problems here then:
1) We cannot actually really remove currtid2() from the backend yet
without removing the dependency in the driver, or that may break some
users.
2) The driver does not include tests for that stuff yet.
--
Michael

Вложения