Re: wal_sender_timeout / wal_receiver_timeout - seconds ormilliseconds?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: wal_sender_timeout / wal_receiver_timeout - seconds ormilliseconds?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Nov  6, 2019 at 04:41:10PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 10:21:38AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Ugh, the "if no unit specified" is true of all the settings.  Should we
> > make that clearer in a more central location.
>
> Hmm.  Are you thinking about a new single location in the docs?  I
> would be afraid to have something like that rot easily as users would
> most likely only read the description of each individual parameter
> rather than travel across multiple sections.  Also, if you look at
> guc.c the default units of each parameter are a case-by-case.
> log_rotation_age uses minutes for example, autovacuum_naptime seconds,
> etc.

Right.  I am just asking if we need to do this for _every_ case where
the default value doesn't match the default _units_, or if we need to
have some kind of central notification.

Сообщение: Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better offreplaced
Сообщение: Re: The word "virgin" used incorrectly and probably better offreplaced