Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Wrong results using initcap() with non normalized string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-22, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:

> The attached patch addresses the comment about assuming UTF8.

The UTF8 bits looks reasonable to me.  I guess the other part of that
question is whether we support any other multibyte encoding that
supports combining characters.  Maybe for cases other than UTF8 we can
test for 0-width chars (using pg_encoding_dsplen() perhaps?) and drive
the upper/lower decision off that?  (For the UTF8 case, I don't know if
Juanjo's proposal is better than pg_encoding_dsplen.  Both seem to boil
down to a bsearch, though unicode_norm.c's table seems much larger than
wchar.c's).