Importing from CSV, auto creating table?

От stan
Тема Importing from CSV, auto creating table?
Дата
Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?  (DiasCosta <diascosta@diascosta.org>)
Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?  (Reid Thompson <Reid.Thompson@omnicell.com>)
Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?  (Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have a situation where we need to import data, as an interim measure,
from spreadsheets.

I have read up on \copy and COPY, but I do not see that either of these can
use the header from a CSV file to define a new table. Am I missing
something?

Also downloaded something called pgfutter, which I thought would do this,
but have not had any success with this. After I (thought) I had figured out
the arguments, it just seams to hag forever.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin