Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
I have a situation where we need to import data, as an interim measure,
from spreadsheets.

I have read up on \copy and COPY, but I do not see that either of these can
use the header from a CSV file to define a new table. Am I missing
something?

Nope.  You need to create the table separately - or find a tool that will do that creation for you.

David J.