Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: Importing from CSV, auto creating table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2019-08-21 at 17:15 -0400, stan wrote:
> [EXTERNAL SOURCE]
>

> I have a situation where we need to import data, as an interim measure,
> from spreadsheets.
>
> I have read up on \copy and COPY, but I do not see that either of these can
> use the header from a CSV file to define a new table. Am I missing
> something?
>
> Also downloaded something called pgfutter, which I thought would do this,
> but have not had any success with this. After I (thought) I had figured out
> the arguments, it just seams to hag forever.
>

> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
>                                                 -- Benjamin Franklin

https://csvkit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/3_power_tools.html#csvsql-and-sql2csv-ultimate-power

csvsql and sql2csv: ultimate power
...snip...
By default, csvsql will generate a create table statement for your data. You can specify what sort of database you are
usingwith the -i flag:

...snip...