Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Vik Fearing (vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 19/08/2019 19:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> > "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann@myrkraverk.com> writes:
> >> I meant ALTER TYPE.  Adding the send and recv functions doesn't seem
> >> to supported by ALTER TYPE.
> >> Is there a workaround for this?
> > You could manually update the pg_type row, and then if you were
> > being fussy, add pg_depend entries showing the type depends on
> > the functions.
>
> We generally discourage updating the catalogs directly.  This was why I
> wrote the CREATE/ALTER DATABASE patch in 2014 that you helped me with
> (fbb1d7d73f8).
>
> I'm willing to work on a patch for ALTER TYPE if it has a chance of
> being accepted.

Seems pretty clear that it'd be a useful thing to have, so +1 from me,
at least.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: postmaster utilization
От: Ubence Quevedo
Сообщение: RE: Can't install postgresql from official postgresql repo on RedHat8?