Re: postmaster utilization

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: postmaster utilization
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

<20190819140730.GH16436@tamriel.snowman.net>
> > * Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you compressing the backup?
> > > How many threads are you running?
> > > How many CPUs on your system?
> > > What version of Postgres?
> >
> > ... What are you using to run the backup?
>
> It seems to have been reported as BUG #15961..
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/15965-413bf5d18aaeface@postgresql.org
>
> > PostgreSQL version: 11.4
> > Operating system:   CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
> > pg_dump -U postgres -d wg -f wg.sql

Ah, then the pg_dump is clearly what's locking the tables against DDL.
That wouldn't impact DML though (unless, of course, a DDL was issued and
then blocked behind pg_dump, and then DML was attempted on the same
table as that would then be blocked behind the DDL).

There's not much help for that when you're taking logical backups,
unfortunately.  Of course, you could take physical backups instead.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения