Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19/08/2019 19:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann@myrkraverk.com> writes:
>> I meant ALTER TYPE.  Adding the send and recv functions doesn't seem
>> to supported by ALTER TYPE.
>> Is there a workaround for this?
> You could manually update the pg_type row, and then if you were
> being fussy, add pg_depend entries showing the type depends on
> the functions.

We generally discourage updating the catalogs directly.  This was why I
wrote the CREATE/ALTER DATABASE patch in 2014 that you helped me with
(fbb1d7d73f8).

I'm willing to work on a patch for ALTER TYPE if it has a chance of
being accepted.

--

Vik Fearing