Re: BUG #15888: Bogus "idle in transaction" state for logicaldecoding client after creating a slot

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15888: Bogus "idle in transaction" state for logicaldecoding client after creating a slot
Дата
Re: BUG #15888: Bogus "idle in transaction" state for logicaldecoding client after creating a slot  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Jul-09, Andres Freund wrote:

> The problem doesn't exist in later versions, because there
> exec_replication_command() does an explicit
>     /* Report to pgstat that this process is now idle */
>     pgstat_report_activity(STATE_IDLE, NULL);
> That's due to
>
> commit d02974e32e028fc078d8f5eca1d6a4516efb0aa6
> Author: Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> Date:   2017-12-29 16:19:51 +0100
>
>     Properly set base backup backends to active in pg_stat_activity
>
> which is post 9.6.  Not sure I really feel a huge appetite for whacking
> this around in the back branches.

Hmm ... so what that commit did is precisely to fix this bug.
Magnus thought at the time he was fixing a pg10 bug,
https://postgr.es/m/CABUevEwX4g8y=gmgfPzxFKS7gqjSYNR949Xc96OQm=YXJmh_Og@mail.gmail.com
but apparently now we see that the bug was older than that.  Maybe it's
okay to backpatch further?

(Booh to missing "Discussion:" tags in commit messages)