Re: BUG #15888: Bogus "idle in transaction" state for logicaldecoding client after creating a slot

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15888: Bogus "idle in transaction" state for logicaldecoding client after creating a slot
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 05:46:30PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hmm ... so what that commit did is precisely to fix this bug.
> Magnus thought at the time he was fixing a pg10 bug,
> https://postgr.es/m/CABUevEwX4g8y=gmgfPzxFKS7gqjSYNR949Xc96OQm=YXJmh_Og@mail.gmail.com
> but apparently now we see that the bug was older than that.  Maybe it's
> okay to backpatch further?

Yes, I would not be against a back-patch in this case.  There is a
minor conflict because pre-9.6 WAL senders cannot run SQL queries but
that looks simple enough to solve.

> (Booh to missing "Discussion:" tags in commit messages)

Booh++
--
Michael

Вложения