Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
## Matthias Apitz (guru@unixarea.de):

> To get Perl's DBD::Pg compiled now I really do need the pg_config tool,
> but I can't figure out how to get it. I see the following RPM (the ones
> with an 'i' or 'i+' are installed):

Um. Which postgresql10-* packages are that?
SLES12SP4 has "postgresql10" and friends:
Information for package postgresql10:
-------------------------------------
Repository     : SLES12-SP4-Updates
Name           : postgresql10
Version        : 10.6-1.6.1
Arch           : x86_64
Vendor         : SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/>

And there are the PGDG packages:
cmt@squirrel:/tmp$ rpm -qp --info postgresql10-10.7-1PGDG.sles12.x86_64.rpm
warning: postgresql10-10.7-1PGDG.sles12.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 442df0f8: NOKEY
Name        : postgresql10
Version     : 10.7
Release     : 1PGDG.sles12
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: (not installed)
Group       : Applications/Databases
Size        : 15066385
License     : PostgreSQL

If you are on a SLES without postgresql10 packages and use the PGDG
packages, you'll find pg_config in the "postgresql10" package (at
least it's in that postgresql10-10.7-1PGDG.sles12.x86_64.rpm I used above,
and the spec file shows the same...), the full path would be
 "/usr/pgsql-10/bin/pg_config".

If you're on SLES12 with Suse's postgresql10 packages, you'll find
pg_config in "postgresql10-devel" - which you only get if you have
activated/installed the "SDK" repositories. The full path for pg_config
with this package is
  "/usr/lib/postgresql10/bin/pg_config".

If you are on a SLES with postgresql10 packages and are mixing that
with the PGDG packages, you might be in a mess. And as far as I know
there's no good way to make sure which packages you get, as zypper
tells me "Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories
share the same priority.".

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space

Сообщение: Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10
Сообщение: Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10