Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10

Hello,

I'm investigating on a SuSE Linux SLES 12 server if we could add support
for PostgreSQL 10 to our Library Management System (currently running on top
of Oracle 12 and Sybase 15.7) using all kind of languages and API one could imagine.

I've up and running the server and figured out how to connect (apart of
psql) with:

- C code to run SQL commands from char strings
- ESQL/C code to embed SQL statements into C
- JDBC

To get Perl's DBD::Pg compiled now I really do need the pg_config tool,
but I can't figure out how to get it. I see the following RPM (the ones
with an 'i' or 'i+' are installed):

# zypper search postg
   | libgda-5_0-postgres          | PostgreSQL Provider for GNU Data Access-> | package
i+ | postgresql-init              | Init script and other infrastructure fo-> | package
   | postgresql-init              | Init script and other infrastructure fo-> | srcpackage
i+ | postgresql-jdbc              | Official JDBC Driver for PostgreSQL       | package
   | postgresql-jdbc-javadoc      | API docs for postgresql-jdbc              | package
   | postgresql-unit10            | SI Units for PostgreSQL                   | package
   | postgresql10                 | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | srcpackage
i+ | postgresql10                 | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | package
i+ | postgresql10-contrib         | Contributed Extensions and Additions to-> | package
i  | postgresql10-devel           | PostgreSQL development header files and-> | package
i+ | postgresql10-docs            | HTML Documentation for PostgreSQL         | package
   | postgresql10-libs            | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | srcpackage
i+ | postgresql10-libs            | The shared libraries required for any P-> | package
   | postgresql10-odbc            | PostgreSQL ODBC driver                    | package
   | postgresql10-plperl          | The Perl procedural language for Postgr-> | package
   | postgresql10-plpython        | The Python procedural language for Post-> | package
   | postgresql10-pltcl           | The Tcl procedural language for Postgre-> | package
i+ | postgresql10-server          | The Programs Needed to Create and Run a-> | package
   | postgresql10-tcl             | A Tcl client library for PostgreSQL       | package
   | postgresql10-test            | The test suite distributed with Postgre-> | package
   | postgresql96                 | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | package
   | postgresql96                 | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | srcpackage
   | postgresql96-contrib         | Contributed Extensions and Additions to-> | package
   | postgresql96-docs            | HTML Documentation for PostgreSQL         | package
   | postgresql96-libs            | Basic Clients and Utilities for Postgre-> | srcpackage
   | postgresql96-server          | The Programs Needed to Create and Run a-> | package
   | postgresql_anonymizer10      | Anonymization & Data Masking for Postgr-> | package
   | split_postgres_dump          | Break a PostgreSQL dump file into pre-d-> | package

What I do missing to get 'pg_config'? Thanks

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

Вложения

От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Computed index on transformation of jsonb key set
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10