Re: TRACE_SORT defined by default

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TRACE_SORT defined by default
Дата
Re: TRACE_SORT defined by default  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Apr-25, Jeff Janes wrote:

> I've had people use it to get some insight into the operation and memory
> usage of Aggregate nodes, since those nodes offer nothing useful via
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE.  It would be a shame to lose that ability on
> package-installed PostgreSQL unless we fix Aggregate node reporting first.

But the proposal is not to remove the _code_.  The proposal is just to
remove that "#ifdef" lines that would make it conditionally compilable,
*if* the symbol that they test weren't always enabled.  In other words,
turn it from "always compiled, but you can turn it off although nobody
does" into "always compiled".