Re: "make installcheck" fails in src/test/recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: "make installcheck" fails in src/test/recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 01:45:45AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Is this extra dependency actually essential?  I'm not really
> happy about increasing the number of moving parts in this test.

Hmmm.  I don't actually object to removing the part depending on
pageinspect in the tests.  Relying on the on-disk page format has
proved to be more reliable for the buildfarm than I initially
thought, and we are actually able to keep the same coverage without
the dependency on pageinspect.

Now, I don't think that this is not a problem only for
src/test/recovery/ but to any path using EXTRA_INSTALL.  For example,
if you take contrib/ltree_plpython/, then issue "make install" from
this path followed by an installcheck, then the tests complain about
ltree missing from the installation.  For the recovery tests, we
already require test_decoding so I would expect the problem to get
worse with the time as we should not restrict the dependencies with
other modules if they make sense for some TAP tests.

I am wondering if it would be better to just install automatically all
the paths listed in EXTRA_INSTALL when invoking installcheck.  We
enforce the target in src/test/recovery/Makefile, still we could use
this opportunity to mark it with TAP_TESTS=1.
--
Michael

Вложения