Re: "make installcheck" fails in src/test/recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "make installcheck" fails in src/test/recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am wondering if it would be better to just install automatically all
> the paths listed in EXTRA_INSTALL when invoking installcheck.

Absolutely not!  In the first place, "make installcheck" is supposed to
test the installed tree, not editorialize upon what's in it; and in the
second place, you wouldn't necessarily have permissions to change that
tree.

If we think that depending on pageinspect is worthwhile here, the right
thing to do is just to fix the README to say that you need it.  I'm
merely asking whether it's really worth the extra dependency.