Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 12:59:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> > Should we change the default of the password_encryption setting to
>> > 'scram-sha-256' in PG12?
>>
>> I thought we were going to wait a bit longer --- that just got added
>> last year, no?  What do we know about the state of support in client
>> libraries?
>
> Great idea!  Does it make sense to test all, or at least some
> significant fraction of the connectors listed in
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Client_Libraries by default?

I am not sure all third party programs concerning scram-sha-256 are
listed on this. There are some programs that talk to PostgreSQL using
frontend/backend protocol, but not based on libpq or other native
drivers (for example Pgpool-II). I guess PgBouncer is in the same
category too.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii