Re: Fix doc bug in logical replication.

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Fix doc bug in logical replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em seg, 8 de abr de 2019 às 19:38, Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net> escreveu:

> I noticed that the docs currently state "A different order of columns
> in the target table is allowed, but the column types have to match."
> This is untrue, as you can replicate between any two data types as
> long as the data can be coerced into the right format on the
> subscriber. Attached is a patch that attempts to clarify this, and
> provides some additional wordsmithing of that section. Patch is
> against head but the nature of the patch would apply to the docs for
> 11 and 10, which both have the incorrect information as well, even if
> the patch itself does not.

I would say it is inaccurate because the actual instruction works. I
agree that your words are an improvement but it lacks a comment on the
slot_[store|modify]_cstrings.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Sparse bit set data structure