Re: pgsql auto

От Stéphane KANSCHINE
Тема Re: pgsql auto
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le mar. 12 mars, vers 19:00, Pierre Ochsenbein exprimait :

> Hi,

Hey !

> I would like to build PostgreSQL (automation) with script like DbaaS
> (ansible).
> You recognize to create one database cluster per VM or multiple database
> clusters per VM, if yes how many?

You can do whatever you want, 1 cluster per database, 1 cluster per VM
or all in one according to your load or something in between.

I'm basically using a list of databases either in host_vars or inventories
and include_vars: dir: to create clusters and databases per host or per
environment.

To be more specific, this list is for a cluster name (default is main
on Debian) and this cluster is combined to a port variables to make
more clusters per host with 1 or more databases per host.

All this with streaming replication+wal shipping, backup and restore
configured properly for each cluster.

So what's your question about ansible ? :-)

Regards,
--
Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./
@ stephane@hexack.fr