Обсуждение: pgsql auto

pgsql auto

От
Pierre Ochsenbein
Дата:
Hi,

I would like to build PostgreSQL (automation) with script like DbaaS (ansible).
You recognize to create one database cluster per VM or multiple database clusters per VM, if yes how many?

Example:
postgresql1 > host1
postgresql2 > host1
postgresql3 > host2
postgresql4 > host2
or
postgresql1 > host1
postgresql2 > host2
postgresql3 > host3
postgresql4 > host4

Re: pgsql auto

От
Stéphane KANSCHINE
Дата:
Le mar. 12 mars, vers 19:00, Pierre Ochsenbein exprimait :

> Hi,

Hey !

> I would like to build PostgreSQL (automation) with script like DbaaS
> (ansible).
> You recognize to create one database cluster per VM or multiple database
> clusters per VM, if yes how many?

You can do whatever you want, 1 cluster per database, 1 cluster per VM
or all in one according to your load or something in between.

I'm basically using a list of databases either in host_vars or inventories
and include_vars: dir: to create clusters and databases per host or per
environment.

To be more specific, this list is for a cluster name (default is main
on Debian) and this cluster is combined to a port variables to make
more clusters per host with 1 or more databases per host.

All this with streaming replication+wal shipping, backup and restore
configured properly for each cluster.

So what's your question about ansible ? :-)

Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./
@ stephane@hexack.fr
  +33 6 64 31 72 52