Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context forprimary_conninfo and primary_slot_name

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Making WAL receiver startup rely on GUC context forprimary_conninfo and primary_slot_name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 06:55:04PM +0300, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
>> This allows the state of walrcv and startup to diverge, they could
>> e.g. have different configuration, due to differently time config
>> reloads.
>
> So we have exactly same problem with, for example, hot_standby_feedback, right?
> We change hot_standby_feedback value, reload it and we can have 'show
> hot_standby_feedback' different to currently running walreceiver.  But
> why we have nothing about hot_standby_feedback in pg_stat_get_wal_receiver()?
> Where is difference?

The difference is in the fact that a WAL receiver uses the connection
string and the slot name when establishing the connection when using
START_STREAMING through the replication protocol, and
hot_standby_feedback gets used depending on the context of the messages
exchanged.
--
Michael

Вложения