Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 08:22:10AM -0500, David Steele wrote:
> Add the fact that we have *zero* tests for exclusive backups.  I only
> had to refactor one exclusive backup in the tests and since it did not
> archive, exclude pg_wal, postmaster.pid, or do anything else our docs
> recommend I wouldn't say it qualifies as a real test.  Also, it wasn't
> even trying to test exclusive backups -- it was a test for logical
> replication following timelines.

This point is really right.  The TAP tests rely heavily on pg_basebackup
when taking base backups, still there is an interface to be able to take
filesystem-level backups with the exclusive SQL interface.  The test
David is referring to here is backup_fs_hot in PostgresNode.pm.
--
Michael

Вложения