Re: Encryption / Decryption via PGCrypto

От Stéphane KANSCHINE
Тема Re: Encryption / Decryption via PGCrypto
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Le mer. 24 oct., vers 08:27, Anjul Tyagi exprimait :

> We are implementing the pgcrypto in our database to encrypt and decrypt the
> Column data. for testing purpose we have generate the PGP public / private
> key and use those when we read and write data.
>
> How can we secure the key, if we keep the key outside how can we use that
> into query.

We keep the private key on the app server. It communicates with postgres
through SSL and postgres logs aren't too verbose in order to avoid key
exposition.

If there's a better way, i'm curious of it.

Regards,
--
Stéphane KANSCHINE - https://www.hexack.fr./ - https://www.nuajik.io./
@ stephane@hexack.fr