Re: "could not open file "pg_wal/…": No such file or directory" potential crashing bug due to race condition betweenrestartpoint and recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: "could not open file "pg_wal/…": No such file or directory" potential crashing bug due to race condition betweenrestartpoint and recovery
Дата
Ответ на Re: "could not open file "pg_wal/…": No such file or directory" potential crashing bug due to race condition between restartpoint and recovery  (Thomas Crayford <tcrayford@salesforce.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 12:43:02PM +0100, Thomas Crayford wrote:
> Sorry for the slow response on this - I was oncall last week and it was
> quite distracting and busy.
>
> With respect to the restore_command, we use wal-e:
> https://github.com/wal-e/wal-e, specifically:
>
> envdir DIRECTORY wal-e wal-fetch "%f" "%p"

Okay, so that should be fine.  When it comes to such race conditions,
putting directly into the suspicious code paths calls to pg_usleep would
most likely help in enforcing the bug to show up.
--
Michael

Вложения