Re: BUG #15414: extension compilation fails when c++ files are namedwith .cc

От Jerry Sievert
Тема Re: BUG #15414: extension compilation fails when c++ files are namedwith .cc
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I'm not following? Are you blaming me for suggesting to few, or too many
> file extensions? What does make the above list disingenuous?

No, you presented a straw-man argument that seems to suggest that if a change were made now, that there would be
continualchanges that would need to be back ported indefinitely.

> I don't think the existance of a %.bc: %.C rule would cause problems,
> even on a case-insensitive system?  Obviously it'd be problematic if
> there's such files in the external project, and that project wants to
> support a case-insensitive FS, but that's not really our problem as the
> goal is to support outside conventions, no?

Perhaps not, but it would be appropriate to look at the projects that have been active, in use, and part of the pg
ecosystemlong before decisions are made, and not just dismiss them out of hand.