Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:03:59AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I think, in this case, it might be advisable to just fix the problem
> (a) which is what has been reported originally in the thread and
> AFAICS, the fix for that is clear as compared to the problem (b).  If
> you agree, then we can discuss what is the best fix for the first
> problem (a).

Okay, thanks for the input.  The fix for (a) would be in my opinion to
just move the call to RecoveryInProgress() out of the critical section,
then save the result into a variable, and use the variable within the
critical section to avoid the potential palloc() problems.  What do you
think?
--
Michael

Вложения