Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP
Дата
Re: Problem while setting the fpw with SIGHUP  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:34 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:03:59AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > I think, in this case, it might be advisable to just fix the problem
> > (a) which is what has been reported originally in the thread and
> > AFAICS, the fix for that is clear as compared to the problem (b).  If
> > you agree, then we can discuss what is the best fix for the first
> > problem (a).
>
> Okay, thanks for the input.  The fix for (a) would be in my opinion to
> just move the call to RecoveryInProgress() out of the critical section,
> then save the result into a variable, and use the variable within the
> critical section to avoid the potential palloc() problems.  What do you
> think?

Your proposed solution makes sense to me.  IIUC, this is quite similar
to what Dilip has also proposed [1].

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-u4BA8KXcQUWDPNgaKAjDXC%3DC2whnzBM8TAcv%3DstckYUw%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Madeleine Thompson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15307: Low numerical precision of (Co-) Variance