Re: transction_timestamp() inside of procedures

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: transction_timestamp() inside of procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 03:01:31PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 06:35:02PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>     > Does the SQL standard have anything to say about CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in
>     > procedures?  Do we need another function that does advance on procedure
>     > commit?
>
>     I found a section in the SQL standards that talks about it, but I don't
>     understand it.  Can I quote the paragraph here?
>

> I've seen others do it; and small sections of copyrighted material posted for
> commentary or critique would likely be covered by "fair use" exemptions.

Well, it is an entire paragraph, so it might be too much.  If you
download the zip file here:

    http://www.wiscorp.com/sql200n.zip

and open 5CD2-02-Foundation-2006-01.pdf, at the top of page 289 under
General Rules, paragraph label 3 has the description.  It talks about
procedure statements and trigger functions, which seems promising.